Visual artists, working in a variety of mediums are invited to exhibit in the extensive auditorium space at Swavesey Village College.
Friday 12th October 6.30 – 9pm Preview and Prize giving
Saturday 13th October 10 – 5pm
Sunday 14th October 10 – 4pm
You may enter artwork on-line from Tuesday 12th June.
The exhibition is non-selective.
Only the first 270 artworks entered can be accepted.
The Closing date for Entries is Friday 17th August or earlier if fully subscribed.
Submission and Collection of Artwork
All artwork must be delivered to Swavesey Village College on Thursday 11th October between 4.30-7.00pm and at no other time. All unsold work must be collected on Sunday 14th October between 4.15 -5.30pm and not before. We have worked hard to make the artwork check-in and check-out systems as efficient as possible. Please be patient if you have to wait a short while to deliver or collect your works.
The Cambridge Art Awards
The Top Twenty Artists – Independent judges will select the ‘Top Twenty Artists’ who will go on to exhibit at The Top 20 Show, Storey’s Field Centre, Eddington Avenue, Cambridge from 30th November to 14th December 2018.
Best in Show Prize of £300 cash
3 Runner-up Prizes of £100 HMC Framing Vouchers each
‘Win a Picture’ draw for visitors, eligible for artwork up to value of £150
The artist entry fee is £40 and includes:
- Submission of 3 ORIGINAL artworks to be hung or displayed, eligible for the Cambridge Art Awards
- Submission of 2 unframed artworks (folio pieces) suitable for browser display
- 1 image in the brochure
- Free brochures to distribute
- 2 tickets for Preview & Prize-giving (includes wine and canapes). Further tickets may be purchased at the door for £5
- Commission free sales
- Discount on table hire (£15 per day, £25 per day for non-exhibitors)
To enter the exhibition
- Please read through the Conditions of Entry
- Submit your Entry Form on line, agree to the conditions of entry
- Make payment by bank transfer
- Submit artwork details
- Submit one image of your artwork.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY FOR CAMBRIDGE OPEN ART EXHIBITION 2018
- The exhibition is open to artists aged 18 and over.
- All work must be for sale and available for the duration of the exhibition.
- Work should not have been exhibited at this exhibition before.
- The artist entry fee and table fees are non-returnable.
- To secure your place, submit your Entry Form and pay the entry fee from Tuesday 12th June 2018. Only the first 270 works entered can be accepted.
- The deadline for submitting artwork information: title, medium, price and photograph is Friday 17th August 2018.
- Pre-sold work can be substituted before the deadline.
- No artwork substitutions can be accepted after Friday 17th August 2018.
- Artists can submit up to 3 ORIGINAL artworks to be hung or displayed. These will be eligible for the Cambridge Art Awards.
- In addition artists can submit up to 2 unframed artworks (folio pieces) suitable for browser display. These must be suitably protected to avoid damage e.g. cellophane wrapped and with a backing board.
- All artwork must be labelled on the reverse with artist’s name, title and medium. Artworks for browser display must include the price.
- 2D work must be suitable for hanging with a wire/cord/hanging plate. Work without a suitable hanging method will not be hung.
- Clip frames are not permitted.
- Please let the organisers know in advance if your work is large/heavy (over 1m in height or width or artwork weighing over 12Kg in weight)
- 3D work is welcomed if accompanied by a suitable display stand.
- We reserve the right to refuse work unacceptable for display e.g. works with WET PAINT will not be accepted at check in.
- Submission and collection of work must be at the times stated.
- Artworks will be hung/displayed by the exhibition organisers only, under the guidance of the Artistic Director.
- Each Artwork eligible for the Cambridge Art Awards will have an adjacent label with the artist name, title, medium and price according to the information submitted by the artist on their entry form.
- Payment to artists for work sold will be made within one month of the exhibition closing.
- Artwork may be photographed for publicity purposes.
- Artwork will not be insured. We will not reimburse artists for stolen or damaged artwork, Artists are encouraged to take out insurance to cover their work for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists are encouraged to attend the preview and prize giving.
- Artists should submit 1 photograph for inclusion to the brochure in the format requested.
Table hire is available to exhibitors for £15 per day, to display cards, prints and small gifts. These are open for booking until the closing date above. They will then be available to non-exhibiting artists at a cost of £25 per day.
Tables need to be staffed at all times.
ARTWORK IMAGE AND THE BROCHURE
Please submit 1 representational photograph of your work with your name for inclusion to the brochure to [email protected] before Friday 17th August 2018. Image files should be in jpeg, psd or pdf format at any resolution but at least 50k and no larger than 8mb. Photographs may be used in promotion of the exhibition and artists via our social media channels and website and for marketing purposes with acknowledgement to the artist.
Our A5 brochure will be circulated during September and this year we will be offering additional advertising space to exhibiting artists in the brochure at £30 for a ¼ page and £50 for a ½ page.
Entry is on-line only