Entries are now closed
We have had a fantastic response to the 2019 call for entries and are now closed for entries.
If you would like to sign up to our waiting list please follow the link below. And we have some table availability on Friday & Saturday for non exhibitors also follow the link below.
Conditions of Entry
- The exhibition is open to artists aged 18 and over.
- All work must be for sale and available for the duration of the exhibition.
- Work should not have been exhibited at this exhibition before.
- The artist entry fee and table fees are non-returnable.
- To secure your place, submit your Entry Form and pay the entry fee from Tuesday 11thJune 2019. Only the first 270 framed works entered can be accepted.
- The deadline for submitting artwork information: title, medium, price and photograph is Friday 9thAugust 2019.
- Pre-sold work can be substituted before the deadline.
- No artwork substitutions can be accepted after Friday 9thAugust 2019.
- Artists can submit up to 3 ORIGINAL artworks to be hung or displayed. These will be eligible for the Cambridge Art Awards.
- In addition artists can submit up to 2 unframed artworks(folio pieces)suitable for browser display. These must be suitably protected to avoid damage e.g. cellophane wrapped and with a backing board.
- All artwork must be labelled on the reverse with artist’s name, title and medium. Artworks for browser display must include the price.
- 2D work must be suitable for hanging with a wire/cord/hanging plate. Work without a suitable hanging method will not be hung.
- Clip frames are not permitted.
- Please let the organisers know in advance if your work is large/heavy (over 1m in height or width or artwork weighing over 12Kg in weight)
- 3D work is welcomed if accompanied by a suitable display stand.
- We reserve the right to refuse work unacceptable for display e.g. works with WET PAINT will not be accepted at check in.
- Submission and collection of work must be at the times stated.
- Artworks will be hung/displayed by the exhibition organisers only, under the guidance of the Artistic Director.
- Each Artwork eligible for the Cambridge Art Awards will have an adjacent label with the artist name, title, medium and price according to the information submitted by the artist on their entry form.
- Payment to artists for work sold will be made within one month of the exhibition closing.
- Artwork may be photographed for publicity purposes.
- Artwork will not be insured. We will not reimburse artists for stolen or damaged artwork, Artists should take out insurance to cover their work for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists are encouraged to attend the preview and prize giving.
- Artists should submit 1 photograph for inclusion to the brochure in the format requested.
The Cambridge Art Awards
The Top Twenty Artists – Independent judges will select the ‘Top Twenty Artists’ who will go on to exhibit at The Top 20 Show, Storey’s Field Centre, Eddington Avenue, Cambridge from 24th October to 29th November 2019.
Best in Show Prize of £300
3 Runner-up Prizes of £100 HMC Framing vouchers
People’s Choice Award of £100 HMC Framing voucher
‘Win a Picture’draw for visitors, eligible for artwork up to value of £150
(Please note earlier date than prior years):
Friday 11thOctober 6.30pm – 9pm (Preview and Prize giving)
Saturday 12thOctober 10am – 5pm
Sunday 13thOctober 10am – 4pm
Submission and Collection of Artwork
All artwork must be delivered to Swavesey Village College on Thursday 10thOctober between 4.30-7.00pm and at no other time. All unsold work must be collected on Sunday 13thOctober between 4.15 -5.30pm and not before.
We have worked hard to make the artwork check-in and check-out systems as efficient as possible. Please be patient if you have to wait a short while to deliver or collect your works.